Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: DragonFly patches

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 18:27:10 -0800

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 11:43:12PM +0100, joerg () britannica bec de wrote:
Hi all,
attached are some patches from pkgsrc.
patch-ai: recognize DragonFly and NetBSD as OS names in nmapfe.
patch-ah, patch-af, patch-ad, patch-ab: threat DragonFly like FreeBSD.
  A finer separation might be useful in the future, but the status quo
  doesn't make this necessary.
patch-ad continued: always link against libcrypto when testing for
libssl, it is needed on many platforms.

Independent of that, please remove the check in libdnet's configure for
/dev/bpf* to decide whether BPF works, it is very annoying that such
devices have to created (or even faked) in a build environment for BPF
support to get compiled in.

Thanks, I have applied your "*-dragonfly*" changes for the next
version (except that I patched the configure.ac files rather than the
generated configure).  I'm not sure what exactly is needed for the
-lcrypto change.  If you send me a patch to nbase/configure.ac which
resolves the issue on dragonflybsd without breaking other platforms,
I'd be happy to apply it.

I haven't heard of the /dev/bpf problem you mention.  If you send a
working patch (again, which doesn't adversely affect other platforms),
or convince Dug Song to release a new libdnet with your patch, I'd be
happy to apply it.

Thanks,
Fyodor