Nmap Development mailing list archives

AIX fingerptints

From: "Val Baranov" <vbaranov () nc rr com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:09:54 -0500

Is it at all possible to fix/update OS fingerprints for AIX? I have a number of AIX machines and no one is detected
properly by nmap. It detects AIX 4.3.3 as 3.2.5, AIX 5.1 - as 5.2, AIX 5.2 - as 5.1 or 5.1-5.2 and so on - practically,
total mess. I would greatly appreicate if anyone may suggest a simple way to submit the data and/or discuss this isuue.
And yes, I know about http://www.insecure.org/cgi-bin/nmap-submit.cgi, but it's for unknown systems only, while I need
any info how to incorporate some additional data into the already existent OS-es.
Thanks, Val