Nmap Development mailing list archives

New Nmap Install Guide

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 02:43:32 -0800

I have written an Nmap install guide, which includes compilation,
installation, removal, etc.   Multiple platforms are covered, from
Windows to the Linux-based Zaurus PDA.  You can find it at:

  http://www.insecure.org/nmap/install/

Let me know if you have any suggestions for improving it.  It includes
more topics than you might expect.  Here is the ToC:

Introduction
    Testing whether Nmap is already installed
    Verifying the integrity of Nmap downloads
    Command-line and graphical interfaces
UNIX Compilation and installation from source code
    Configure directives
    If you encounter compilation problems
Linux Distributions
    RPM-based distributions (Red Hat, Mandrake, Suse, Fedora)
    Debian Linux and Derivatives
    Gentoo Linux
    Other Linux distributions
Windows
    Command line .zip binaries
        Installing the Nmap .Zip binaries
        Executing Nmap as installed above
    Compile from source code
Sun Solaris
Apple Mac OS X
FreeBSD / OpenBSD / NetBSD
    OpenBSD binary packages and source ports instructions
    FreeBSD binary package and source ports instructions
        Installation of the binary package
        Installation using the source ports tree
    NetBSD binary package instructions
Amiga, HP-UX, IRIX, and Other Platforms
Installing Nmap on a PDA
    Installing Nmap on the Zaurus