Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Problems with -S on Windows Re: Informal Nmap 3.94ALPHA1 Release

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:24:13 -0800

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 11:58:20PM -0500, kx wrote:
This is because win_init is called after we set all of our options.

Moving win_init prior to the while loop seems to fix this, and only
required adding a -e eth0 to the command line to get the -S option to
work.

Good catch.  Please find a patch attached which moves the WSAStartup()
above options parsing by putting it into a new win_pre_init() call.
Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

Thanks,
Fyodor

PS:  The patch is a text/plain attachment, which is what mutt did by
default.  Hopefully it gets through.  If your (to mailing list
members in general) mail clients send patch files as application/*,
try renaming them .txt before sending.  Or just include them inline
(being careful not to break lines inappropriately).