Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 3.92: The Absolutely Perfect Release!

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 02:19:35 -0700

OK guys.  Good job in finding some issues with 3.91!  I'm now back
with 3.92, which should resolve them.  Please give it a try if you get
a chance soon.  I'll probably launch it publicly Monday afternoon if I
don't hear any problem reports by then.  Hopefully this will forever
be known as "the perfect release", with no bugs whatsoever :).  You
can find Linux/Windows binaries and tarballs at the normal location:

http://www.insecure.org/nmap/dist/?C=M&O=D

And here are the changes since 3.91:

o Modified Libpcap's configure.ac to compile with the
  --fno-strict-aliasing option if gcc 4.X is used.  This prevents when
  said compiler is used.  This was done for Nmap in 3.90, but is
  apparently needed for pcap too.  Thanks to Craig Humphrey
  (Craig.Humphrey(a)chapmantripp.com) for the discovery.

o Patched libdnet to include sys/uio.h in src/tun-linux.c.  This is
  apparently necessary on some Glibc 2.1 systems.  Thanks to Rob Foehl
  (rwf(a)loonybin.net) for the patch.

o Fixed a crash which could occur when a ridiculously short
  --host_timeout was specified on Windows (or on UNIX if --send_eth was
  specified).  Nmap now also prints a warning if you specify a
  host_timeout of less than 1 second.  Thanks to Ole Morten Grodaas
  (grodaas(a)gmail.com) for discovering the problem.

Cheers,
-F