Nmap Development mailing list archives

TCP, IPID, and TCPTS sequences are now part of <host/> in XML?

From: "Max Schubert" <nmap () webwizarddesign com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:23:46 -0400

Hi,

    Just curious why these were moved from the <os/> section of the XML output to
the <host/> section when -O is used?  Aren't those sequences only emitted when
requesting nmap do remote host identification?  Putting that information in <host/>
when it is only output during an OS scan seems weird to me, especially since my
perception is that those sequences are specific to an OS, not a host.

I see that the only time that information is printed is in output.cc in

void printosscanoutput(Target *currenths)

Regards,
Max