Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap-dev mailing list upgrade

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 18:16:29 -0700

Hi All,

I'm pleased to announce major upgrades to the nmap-dev list.  It
was running the Ezmlm-IDX mailing list software over the Qmail MTA on
an old PIII machine loaded with RedHat 7.3.  Now GNU Mailman is used
over Postfix on a dual-Opteron system with the 64-bit, SELinux enabled
version of Fedora Core 3.  The legions of spammers which brought the
previous machine (Core) to its knees are now crashing harmlessly
against the fortress-like walls of this new mail/web system (Syn)
while the load average currently sits at 0.00.

I hope everything works.  If you are on the list but don't get this
message, let me know :).

The new list is managed by GNU Mailman.  But this install is
configured NOT to send you the barrage of monthly cleartext "password
reminders".  Subscribe/unsubscribe requests, delivery
preferences, list charter, and other administrivia is now available
via http at:

I realize that some people feel that web configuration is for sissies.
You might want to simply telnet to port 80 and issue the raw requests
yourself if it makes you feel any better.  Or you can send
administrative requests via email by sending commands such as
"subscribe", "unsubscribe", or "help" to
nmap-dev-request () insecure org .

Some things haven't changed.  Message posting is still to
nmap-dev () insecure org and the archive is at
http://seclists.org/lists/nmap-dev/ .  The list purpose and charte are
also unchanged.

Do let me know if you discover any problems or have suggestions for
improving the list.

Cheers,
Fyodor