Nmap Development mailing list archives

Strange Nmap Behaviour

From: Metal Gear <finattack () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:55:19 -0800

Hi,
i am using nmap from last 2 years and find it a very interesting tool
for finding ports that should not be opened. I was using it on windows
platform. Today i removed WinXp Sp2 (as it was having problems with
nmap) and installed WinXp Pro 2002 and patched it. When i try to run
nmap an error pops ups and at the same time nmap results are shown on
the screen. I am sending the report from eventviewer if it can help
you to solve this problem. I m using Winpcap 3.1 beta4.

The application, C:\Documents and
Settings\Looser\Desktop\nmap-3.75\nmap.exe, generated an application
error The error occurred on 01/10/2005 @ 01:02:33.358 The exception
generated was c0000005 at address 5F6E4E1A (<nosymbols>)

Faulting application nmap.exe, version 2.53.0.1, faulting module
unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x5f6e4e1a.

Thanks and waiting for your reply