Nmap Development mailing list archives

Why is ncacn_http commented out?

From: Tomás García-Merás <tomas () rockmusic org>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 21:40:48 +0100

Just a question... Why is ncacn_http commented out from nmap-service-probes? I see no reason for nmap not to tell that it's "Microsoft Network Computing Architecture Connection-Oriented RPC Protocol" even if that protocol it's used for multiple services (just like http is used for multiple services also, WS, IPP, etc).

Regards: Tomas

PS:

# Hmmm ... http://seclists.org/lists/incidents/2002/Mar/0047.html
# So "ncacn_http" may be used by multiple services.  I'll take this
# one out for now.
match ncacn_http m|^ncacn_http/([\d.]+)$| v/ncacn_http/$1//

I think nmap should use the long description (versioninfo): "Network Computing Architecture Connection-Oriented RPC Protocol" instead of just "ncacn_http"