Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Problem compiling nmap > 3.50 on OpenBSD > 3.5

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:28:23 -0700

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 09:54:15AM +1000, Brett Hutley wrote:
I built 3.70 last night on an updated OpenBSD 3.5 stable. Used the
command line './configure LDFLAGS="-lssl -lcrypto"'.

I have not been able to reproduce this on any of my machines (though
my OpenBSD version is older).  But it is a real issue, as I have had
numerous reports of errors messages such as these at
http://www.potentia.org/~neko/nmap370error.txt unless the user does
the LDFLAGS workaround above.  I would certainly appreciate a patch if
someone affected wants to write one.  Or if you can make me an
unprivileged user account on an affected machine that I can use for a
few hours, I'll try to resolve the problem.  In that case, let me know
first and I'll send my SSH key (GPG signed).  I hope to do an Nmap
release on Monday.

Cheers,
Fyodor