Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap 3.70 - ultra_scan() -- feature or flaw?

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:57:12 -0700

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 03:40:54PM -0400, Matt Repicky wrote:
After reading the changelog and man pages I finally figured out that
the max_hostgroup is my best option to getting back to the single scan
functionality of nmap 3.5*.  Is there any better way to allow the
parallelism to continue while getting usable output should it run into
a bad target halfway?

Have you tried the --host_timeout option?  Tell it how long you are
willing to wait, and the slow hosts will timeout while you still get
data from the responsive ones.  For example, --host_timeout 3600000
will give up on any host that takes more than an hour.

Cheers,
-F