Nmap Development mailing list archives

Service probe for Cross Match Verifier E fingerprint capture device (need help!)

From: Tomás García-Merás <tomas () rockmusic org>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:09:18 +0100

I'm trying to do the service probes for the two control ports found on the Cross Match Verifier E fingerprint capture device ( http://www.crossmatch.com/products_singlescan_vE.html ).

I previously sumitted a service fingerprint for the Advanced Control Port (allways the port 1501) (I assume that it's the fingerprint currently on nmap), it works fine with the older Cross Match software (Release R1.2.0), but with the newer version (tested with Release R3.0.0) the device does not return data to the "Probe TCP GenericLines", so I've made a new probe:

Probe TCP VerifierAdvanced q|Query\r\n|
ports 1501
match crossmatchverifier m|^Settings\r\nGain\x20(\d+)\r\nContrast\x20(\d+)\r\nTime\x20(\d+)\r\nIllumination\x20(\d+)\r\nProcessed\r\n$| v/Cross Match Technologies Verifier fingerprint capture advanced control port///

It now works fine (although the "Cross Match Technologies Verifier fingerprint capture advanced control port" string is too long!). I can not test it with the older software since I currently have not any old device, and you can not downgrade nor upgrade the device's software.

What I need help is for doing a service probe for the second port (the Standard Control Port: 1500); From the device's manual the protocol is:

The procedure for an application is to open a TCP/IP socket to port 1500 and send the following (ASCII Text):

   Subscribe

followed by a LF character. This can optionally be followed by a "Liftquery" command if the application needs finger sensor notification events.

From this point on the unit will send one of 3 messages: "Idle", "Notify" or, optionally, "Lift".

If you don't have a fingerprint the device returns an "Idle"; if a new fingerprint image is available it returns "Notify"; and "Lift" if the finger sensor detects that finger has been removed from the platen (this is only sent by the device if the "Liftquery" command was previosly sent).

By now, I'm trying with the following probe:

Probe TCP Verifier q|Subscribe\r\n|
ports 1500
match crossmatchverifier m|^Idle\r\n$| v/Cross Match Technologies Verifier fingerprint capture control port///

But the device does not return any data. If I telnet the device to the port 1500 and type "Subscribe" the device answers normally with "Idle"...

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? TIA.

Best Regards: Tomas Garcia-Meras