Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Problem compiling nmap > 3.50 on OpenBSD > 3.5

From: Dan Weeks <dan () danimal org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:35:43 -0700

On 2004-08-31 14:01:23 -0700, uncleron () hushmail com wrote:
So far, I have been unable to get nmap versions newer than 3.50 to build
on my OpenBSD boxes.  I had been running 3.5-current, and recently upgraded
to a 3.6 snapshot.  Nmap 3.50 builds ok on these systems, but newer versions
fail with this error:

tcpip.cc:1652: no match for `timeval & = bpf_timeval &'
/usr/include/sys/time.h:47: candidates are: struct timeval & timeval::operator
=
(const timeval &)
*** Error code 1

Does anyone have a workaround to get newer versions of nmap to compile
on OpenBSD-current?

I had a patch to bring the port to one of the 3.51 tests (just for
feedback purposes) and then 3.55 and I never got to getting the newer
version committed before the ports tree locked.  It appeared to work fine
and definitely compiled fine for me.  I've just regenerated the patch
for 3.55 and you can get it here:

http://danimal.org/openbsd/ports/nmap_3.55_20040722.diff

I haven't looked at 3.70 just yet but I will soon and then the port
will jump to it.

-dan

--
Exit, pursued by a bear