Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Strange 3.59ALPHA3

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 00:46:41 -0700

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 03:14:08PM -0500, eric wrote:
So I've been beating up a few /20's all day here testing the latest
alpha. Unfortunately, I've found that the scans seem to take 2-3
times longer than a normal scan would using 3.55. Even using
parallel scans seems to be slow.

What can I do to show comparisons, send a -dd output?

Would you try 3.59ALPHA4 and see if that helps?  Some hosts were
taking far longer than they should due to an algorithm problem.  A few
hosts that take a very long time can really hurt the overall times.

Thanks,
Fyodor