Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Dana's SP2 patch

From: "Yonatan Bokovza" <yonatan () xpert com>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:55:03 +0300

-----Original Message-----
From: Fyodor [mailto:fyodor () insecure org]
Sent: Fri 8/13/2004 10:38 AM
To: nmap-dev () insecure org
Subject: Dana's SP2 patch

        Here is Dana's patch for the Windows SP2 problem.  Let me know if you
        have any suggestions for improvement.  For one thing, I suppose the
        test should be for NT 5.1sp2 OR LATER instead of checking only for
        SP2.  Or, maybe MS will come to their senses and remove these silly
        limitations for the next version.

        Here is the updated logic. This should go in /mswin32/winip/pcapsend.c
        and /mswin32/winip/winip.c, instead of:

        +       if( ver.dwMajorVersion >= 5 && ver.dwMinorVersion == 1 && ver.wServicePackMajor == 2  )
        +       {

        Where we really want is something like:

        if ( ( ver.dwMajorVersion > 5 ) ||
        {