Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Minor bugs in nmap_fetchfile()

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:18:35 -0700

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 10:45:21PM -0600, nnposter () users sourceforge net wrote:
There are two minor bugs in nmap_fetchfile() (file
nmap.cc):

1. Location specified in --datadir does not have an
effective precedence over location specified in
$NMAPDIR.

Thanks - fixed.

2. Location tested for real UID should be ~/nmap, not
~/.nmap. (Assuming the EUID test and the docs are
correct.)

Actually, I think I like ~/.nmap better.  So I'm going to go with that
unless someone presents a strong argument for ~/nmap.

Thanks for your patch.  I have applied it for the next version (except
for using ~/.nmap instead of ~/nmap ).

Cheers,
-F