Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 3.70 crashing

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 03:39:49 -0700

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 08:51:20PM -0700, Ganga Bhavani wrote:

I found that Nmap 3.70 is crashing on windows xp with sp1 service
pack while scanning more than 25 hosts.

Thanks for reporting the problem and, especially, for sending a patch!
I have applied it for the next version of Nmap.  When I made the scan
engine changes for 3.70, I fixed set_pcap_filter() in tcpip.cc to
accommodate the larger target IP address lists.  But I forgot that
Windows has its own set_pcap_filter() in mswin32/winip/winip.c, which
had to be changed too.

Cheers,
Fyodor