Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Attributes error in nmap XML output

From: Thomas Buchanan <tbuchanan () thecompassgrp net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:27:31 -0500

Max,

Thanks for the response.

Just noticed that this was one the bugs fixed in the 3.48 release. I was using 3.45. Guess that's what I get for not carefully reading the ChangeLog in the new releases.

Thomas

Max wrote:
Thomas,

    That is an nmap output bug as far as I can see .. should be using
    single quotation marks for the nested quotes as the double-quotes
    used the way they are are not XML-conformant.

    Work around?  Pre-process the output, maybe something like

    nmap options options options -oX - | \
    your_program_that_reads_from_standard_input

in a Bourne shell derivative. That will catch cases like the one you listed below until there is a patch in place.

Regards,
Max