Nmap Development mailing list archives

Buffer space Problems

From: <joeclifton () bellsouth net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:24:43 -0400

Any help is appreciated.

My Command line:

nmap -sP -PI -oA ping-10.10.0.0 10.10.0.0/16

Obvisouly, I am running out of buffer space somewhere, but where is my question, and is there a solution, except to
reduce the size of the subnet being scanned.  I first tired -T4, and backed it all the way down to -T1, with almost no
difference.  I get lots of hosts returned as being up, then it starts giving me the error below.  I have tried
different size subnets, and the largest I can scan with out geting the error is /22.

I sometimes get an error similar to #2 below. (can;t remember the whole thing, and forgot to copy it.)

I scan a lot of large subnets, and would like to ge this resolved.
Is there another way to throttle back, besides the timing option?  I hate having to do 20 or 25 smaller scans, then
cat'ing them together.

error #1

sendto in sendpingquery returned -1 (should be 8)!
sendto: No buffer space available

error #2
RTTVAR

My versions:

nmap version 3.48

Linux xxx.xxxx.org 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl #1 Wed Feb 18 16:38:32 EST 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux   (Fedora Core 1)

Thanks again for any help....

joe