Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: small problem

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:29:15 -0800

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 01:29:12PM -0500, Onezime  Vaillancourt wrote:
i am trying to use nmap with windows for the first time in my life. i have takin all the steps on your site to try
and work the bugs on my Windows Xp System.... here is the problem

Starting nmap V. 3.00 ( www.insecure.org/nmap )
Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking our ping probes, try -P0
Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 3 seconds

Nmap 3.00 probably means you are using NmapWin.  You should try Nmap
3.50 (.zip binaries) instead and see if that works for you.  Remember
to follow the Nmap download page instructions, including installing
Winpcap 3.01.  I may soon remove Nmapwin from the download page.

Cheers,
-F