Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap 3.48 win32 error

From: "Dr. John S. Pemberton" <drccjsp () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:48:19 +0100

I have some problems with the win32 version (binary from insecure.org) of
nmap 3.48. Sometimes (pretty often) a scan breaks somewhere in the middle
with:

Unexpected nsock_loop error. Error code 10022 (Unknown error)
QUITTING!

I have the feeling what triggers the fault is some combination of number of
open and/or closed ports on the target. When this happens, it will happen
again at the same host if I just redo the scan. But if I add a port (i.e.
from -p 137 to -p 137,139) it might go away.

Sorry for not giving a very clear description. Next time I'll note what OS
version I'm running and the exact circumstances.
I can't find anything on google except various descriptions of winsock error
#10022 (that doesn't give me much clue) so in the mean time my question is:

Has anyone else seen this?