Nmap Development mailing list archives

nmap crashes spamd?

From: Rick Coloccia <coloccia () geneseo edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 08:37:59 -0500

Hi folks-

I've got a situation...

We use spam assassin to tag mail as it comes into our mail servers.

We use big brother to monitor our server status.

We have an nmap external script for big brother that scans the servers and reports any changes from normal as errors, which are then paged out to the sys admins.

The nmap script runs one of three scans depending on how long it's been since the last scans have run. The arguments are either:

-n -p 1- (runs once daily)
-n -p 1-5000 (runs evey 12 hours)
or
-n (runs every 5 mins)

We're using 2.54BETA22. (It's what shipped with the redhat 7.2, and the sys admin is all about sticking with the distribution)

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone!

-Rick

--
Rick Coloccia