Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Scanning through SOCKS

From: Bo Cato <jcato73 () comcast net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:16:48 -0500

Technically yes and no. No nmap does not support SOCKS. But yes nmap
can be made to use a proxy type server.

I've not used this and certainly not affiliated with them but the
people at this web site seem to offer an app that does just what you
are asking about.

http://proxylabs.netwu.com/

Although I'm not sure how well this would play with WinPcap. Again...
I've not tried it (and I avoid nmap use from a windows box as much as
possible. Linux is the power-trippers OS).

-Bo

Hello testic,