Nmap Development mailing list archives

Does rtt_timeout affect UDP scans?

From: "Dave Wray" <davew () sec-tec co uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:17:57 -0000

Hi All,

If I set a scan going that performs a -sS -sU and -sR type scan (all in one
go), will the rtt_timeout flags I specify affect the UDP scans. I want to
speed up the TCP scans (the host is firewalled) using the rtt_timeout
settings (min, initial and max are all set) but I don't want to speed the
UDP scan up to the point that it is useless due to RFC standards throttling.

Many thanks

Regards

Dave Wray
Sec-tec Ltd

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and are intended solely for
the use of the person to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this message please notify the sender and delete it
immediately, disclosure of its content to any other person is prohibited
and may be unlawful.  Sec-Tec does not accept any responsibility for
viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and attachments.
Any liability arising from any third party acting on information contained
in this e-mail is hereby excluded.