Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: SYN stealth scanning in FreeBSD

From: Eric <eric-list-nmap () catastrophe net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:36:56 -0500

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 22:23:04 -1000, Carl Holmberg proclaimed...

Reminds me of the problems I had with OSX when I got carried away with
ipfw. Try flushing your rules and try again. If the scan works, you'll
know you need to rework your rules to open up your outbound traffic.
Don't forget to reload your rules afterwards.

Whatever happened in the latest release, the "sendto in send_tcp_raw:"
problem (which I had reported twice previously) on OpenBSD 3.3 has
been fixed. Running an nmap -sS -M 200 -T 4 works like a champ!