Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NMapWin issue

From: Rich Adamson <radamson () routers com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:06:47 -0600

    I have been a big nmap fan and use it on my Solaris box and my Mac
OSX box.  I just purchased a HP xt575 laptop with Windows XP home
edition.  I have downloaded WinPCap 3.01a and NMapWin 1.31.  I ran it
using the 100BaseT port and all seemed to work pretty good.  I then did
a PPP connection and could not get any service.  I also have wireless
and it did not work with that either.  So it seems to only works on the
ethernet port on the motherboard.  Is there any way to change what
network interface it uses?

    Thanks for any help or support you can give on this.  Have a good
one, Ed.

The same basic thing happened to me on a Win2k box. The problem is with
Winpcap 3; going back to an earlier version fixed my problem.

Rich