Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: patch for compile problem with non-gcc compiler

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:17:19 -0700

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 02:59:07PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

 # DEFS += -DMTRACE=1
-CXXFLAGS = -g -Wall @CXXFLAGS@ $(CCOPT) $(DEFS) $(INCLS)
+CXXFLAGS = -g @CXXFLAGS@ $(CCOPT) $(DEFS) $(INCLS)

I have made these changes (and corresponding changes to configure.ac)
to ensure that these flags are only used with g++/gcc.  The changes
will be in the next version of Nmap.

Why is the include files in libpcap-possiblymodified/ used even if a
working libpcap available from the system?  The version in
libpcap-possiblymodified/ should btw be upgraded to make sure
libpcap-possiblymodified/net/bpf.h contains the required 'extern "C"
{}' block to get it compiling properly as C++.

Can you talk to the libpcap folks ( www.tcpdump.org )?  Nmap uses a
very recent version and upgrades regularly.  Or you can send me a
patch - it is difficult for me to fix/test the myself since my system
does not currently complain about this issue.  So I might miss files.

Cheers,
-F