Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Solution to sendto() failures do to local firewall filtering outgoing packets

From: "Jean-Pierre Denis" <jp () msfree ca>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 22:56:08 -0400 (EDT)

Fyodor wrote:
sendto in send_tcp_raw: sendto(3, packet, 40, 0, 192.168.0.2, 16) =>
Operation not permitted

In most cases, the problem has been that their local firewall is
blocking the outgoing packets.  So your first test should probably be
whether (TEMPORARILY) disabling the firewall resolves the problem.  On
Linux, these iptables commands will generally do the trick:
Hi,

I'm having this problem behind a MNF shorewall firewall.

Did anybody figured what would need to be allowed on the firewall to allow
those packets to go out ? I don't really want to allow everything.

--
Thanks,

Jean-Pierre Denis
jp at msfree dot ca