Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: how many nmaps to a t1

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 10:17:42 -0700

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 07:41:17AM -0700, jaye_gettes () hushmail com wrote:

I have a project to scan a large quantity of network address space outside
of my company and a dedicated T1 to do this with.  I'm using two Linux
8 way servers and Nmap with the polite option so as to not flood the
destination points, but how many of concurrent nmap scans could a t1
circuit reasonably handle?

Polite mode will slow you down *a lot*.  I don't really have
recommendations for # of concurrent nmaps, although one or two dozen
is probably safe in this particular case.

Cheers,
-Fyodor