Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: two problems and a question with nmap or nmapwin

From: "Kevin Davis" <kevin.davis () mindless com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 20:33:00 -0400

Winpcap 3.0 is out now.  Why not give it a try?  I think at minimum it
solved some BSOD/rebooting problems.  I've also found that telling nmap not
to resolve names sometimes saves some time.  Also try upgrading to nmap
3.27.  It should run a little faster.  And I'm assuming that you are running
nmap under the context of administrator, right? <G>

Judging the amount of time nmap will take to run by a single machine is not
wise.  I've done scans of a group of machines where they all (> 50) get done
within 2 minutes, save one.  That one took 8 minutes by itself.