Nmap Development mailing list archives

"INSTMSIA.EXE not found" solution

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 11:18:27 -0800

Here is some great info from Jens Vogt (Nmapwin author) describing a
solution to a commonly reported Nmapwin installation problem:

Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:54:17 +0100
From: jens.vogt () bluewin ch
To: "Fyodor" <fyodor () insecure org>
Cc: jaap () vanwingerde net
Subject: RE: [jaap () vanwingerde net: error installing nmapwin_1.3.11.exe: 155: File D:\DOWNLOAD\INSTMSIA.EXE not
found]

Hi Fyodor,

This can happen on Windows98 or Windows Millenium. This
is an extract from the Microsoft page ( Microsoft Knowledge
Base Article - 321444)

SYMPTOMS
When you try to install software, Setup may stop running,
and you may receive an internal error 2350.

CAUSE
This issue can occur if Windows Installer is outdated.

You can also download the Windows Installer file from the
Web. To do this, visit one of the following Microsoft Web
sites:

Instmsia.exe for Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/WindowsInstaller/Inst
all/2.0/W9XMe/EN-US/InstMsiA.exe
-or-
Instmsiw.exe for Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/WindowsInstaller/Inst
all/2.0/NT45/EN-US/InstMsiW.exe