Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug in OpenBSD nmap still present!

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:21:41 -0800

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 03:55:36AM -0800, D. wrote:
Hi nmap-dev,

Looks like you're gearing up for a big bug-fix
release, Fyodor.

I just posted 3.15BETA2 to the website, but am going to sleep before
announcing to nmap-hackers.  It has a lot of goodies -- see
http://www.insecure.org/nmap/data/CHANGELOG .  Brownie points if
anyone finds major problems with it before I embarrass myself with the
nmap-hackers post :).

You can view the bug report (and rough patch) at the
insecure.org archives here:

http://lists.insecure.org/lists/nmap-dev/2001/Jul-Sep/0049.html

Hmmm ... so it seems that when you run the command on OpenBSD 3.2:

nmap -sO -v -v -v -d localhost

You get a bunch of errors of this form:

sendto in send_ip_raw: sendto(3, packet, 20, 0, 127.0.0.1, 16) => Invalid argument
Sleeping 15 seconds then retrying
sendto in send_ip_raw: sendto(3, packet, 20, 0, 127.0.0.1, 16) => Invalid argument
Sleeping 60 seconds then retrying

Can you still reproduce that with 3.15BETA2?  Does it work for other
OpenBSD users, or do you guys get the same messages?  I would love to
hear from other OBSD whether this affects them.  Please post the
version of Nmap and OpenBSD you are using if you can.

I'm off to bed :).
-Fyodor