Nmap Development mailing list archives

Patch for fastscan with specific services/protocols file

From: "Gerard Fowley" <gerard () fowley org>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:31:10 -0500 (EST)

I often need to scan a unique list of tcp/udp/ip services for multiple
hosts (too many to easily pass to -p on the command line). Symlinking
nmap-services works but only allows for one host to be scanned at a time
because I need to symlink to a different services file for each host.

So I put together this patch for nmap-3.15BETA1 that modifies the -F
switch to accept an optional filename parameter to use instead of the
default nmap-services / services / protocols files. If no filename is
specified the standard -F behavior applies.

I also added a --fastscan long option that requires a filename parameter.

This is a pretty simple patch but it does touch a few files - nmap.cc,
services.cc, protocols.cc, NmapsOps.cc, NmapOps.h.

Along the way I couldn't get the long_options[] 'optional_argument'
feature to work (hence the required-argument setting for --fastscan). Has
anybody else run into this issue ?

enjoy...

-gf-