Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: FreeBSD 4.7 & nmap doesn't build

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 01:11:26 -0800

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 10:05:30PM -0800, dirk diggler wrote:

Compiling nmap
rm -f nmap
cc -L/usr/local/lib -Lnbase  -o nmap main.o nmap.o
targets.o tcpip.o nmap_error.o utils.o idle_scan.o
osscan.o output.o scan_engine.o timing.o charpool.o
services.o protocols.o nmap_rpc.o portlist.o -lpcap
-lm  -lnbase -lpcap
cd nmapfe; test -f Makefile && make VERSION=3.00
STATIC=;
*** Error code 1 (ignored)

I can see how this could be a little confusing -- I have updated the
Makefile for the next version of Nmap to detect this problem better
and output a more user-friendly warning.

Cheers,
-F