Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: (Fwd) Re: XP SP1 + = no worky :-)

From: "Tony Richardson" <potatohead () softhome net>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:20:24 +1000

Hi all

Sorry about my HTML brutalised posting yesterday .... And a big thank
you to the people who replied to that mess of an email !

I wanted to report back that for me,  nmapwin is now working under
Windows XP !

I made only 1 change to my PC, it was a stab in the dark and
shouldn't even affect nmap but hey it's Windows !

I added the Network Monitor Driver Protocol and now nmapwin1.3.0
works on my XP box.

Open the Control Panel, open Network Connections
select your desired connection (probably named Local Area Network)
select Properties,Click Install,
select Protocol, click Add
select Network Monitor Driver and install it ...
no rebooting etc
fire up nmap and smile, smile, smile
Scan own network and frown, frown , frown .....

Why would this work ? I dunno .... I did not change anything in my
setup since my previous mangled email. Just added the unecessary
driver.. honest :-)

Have a secure day  !!!