Nmap Development mailing list archives

database backend for nmap output

From: Nathaniel <graham.292 () osu edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:29:39 -0400

Hello,
I'm currently working on a perl script to enter nmap XML output into a SQL
database (with plans to produce scripts retrieve & examine stats, etc).
The script is currently working, but far from complete.  What I'm wondering
is, what kinds of features are users likely to want?

At the moment, the script inserts cleanly into any database for which the
exists
a DBD driver (although I haven't tested against anything other than
PostgreSQL
with the Pg driver, there's no reason why it won't work with nearly
everything
else, as driver info is pulled from a config file).  It stores *nearly* all
of
the data from an nmap-generated XML file, the only thing not yet supported
is somekind of timestamp for each host, mostly because I haven't made up my
mind about how I want it yet.

Anyway, thanks in advance for your time and any input you may have.

Nathaniel Graham
graham.292 () osu edu