Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: fragmentation

From: Dug Song <dugsong () monkey org>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 14:25:48 -0500

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 04:39:23PM +0900, Kuk-hyeon Lee wrote:

Hi hackers. I want to send fragmentation packet in Solaris. But
nmap does not support frag scan in Solaris. and I can't find
reference make fragmentation packet in Solaris. Maybe SUN's kernel
do not allow to change IP header.  But I want to add frag scan for
Solaris. Anyone help me? or I give up?

IP raw sockets on Solaris (and IRIX) are "cooked" - to send raw IP
datagrams verbatim, you need to write link-layer frames instead.

libdnet does this automatically for you, the details are hidden behind
the ip_send() interface. see http://libdnet.sourceforge.net/ for more
information...

-d.

---