Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Deny/Reject patch

From: "Ofir Arkin" <ofir () sys-security com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:23:56 +0200

Why not mapping the type and codes and just writing down the exact error
message?

Here are the exact type/code pairs:

Type 3 Destination Unreachable

Code List:
0 Net Unreachable
1 Host Unreachable
2 Protocol Unreachable
3 Port Unreachable
4 Fragmentation Needed and Don't Fragment was Set
5 Source Route Failed
6 Destination Network Unknown
7 Destination Host Unknown
8 Source Host Isolated 4
9 Communication with Destination Network is Administratively Prohibited
5
10 Communication with Destination Host is Administratively Prohibited 6
11 Destination Network Unreachable for Type of Service.
12 Destination Host Unreachable for Type of Service.
13 Communication Administratively Prohibited.
14 Host Precedence Violation
15 Precedence cutoff in effect

Hope this helps.

Ofir Arkin [ofir () sys-security com]
Founder
The Sys-Security Group
http://www.sys-security.com
PGP CC2C BE53 12C6 C9F2 87B1 B8C6 0DFA CF2D D360 43FA