Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 2.54BETA20

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 19:49:38 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I just snuck Nmap 2.54BETA20 binaries/source into the Nmap dist directory
at:

http://www.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-2.54BETA20.tgz
(You can also find binary/source rpms there)

If nobody points out any major problems, I will probably release this
publicly tonight or tomorrow.

I also made win32 binaries available at:
http://www.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-2.54BETA20-win32.zip

If you attempt to use the Win32 binaries, please let me know how it goes.
Especially if you try nmapfe.exe .  I haven't received any feedback about
whether that works for people.  Usage instructions are in README-WIN32
.  Please don't post these anywhere.

Here is the CHANGELOG for BETA20:

-- Added TCP Timestamp sequence checking for OS detection and
   Netcraft-style uptime tests.

-- Found and fixed (I hope) byte alignment problem which was causing
   bus errors on SPARC64 ( reported by H D Moore (hdm () secureaustin com)
   and Matthew Franz (mfranz () cisco com) )

-- Applied Darwin (Mac OS X) 1.2 portability patch from
   Rob Braun <bbraun () synack net>

-- Added IPID sequence number predictability report (also now used in
   OS detection).

-- Show actual IPID, TCP ISN, and TCP timestamp values in XML format
   output rather than just the cooked results.

-- Suppress IPID and TCP ISN predictability report unless you use -v
   (you need -O as well).

-- Applied Solaris 8 compilation fixes from Germano Caronni
   ( caronni () batfax olymp org )

-- Applied configure.in variable name typo fixes from Christian
   Weisgerber (naddy () openbsd org)

-- Applied some more changes from Andy Lutomirski (Luto () mailandnews com)
   which provides better detection and reporting from some heinous errors.

-- Added -n and -R (always/never DNS resolve) options to the man page.

Cheers,
Fyodor