Nmap Development mailing list archives

XML/Schema Unvalidated

From: Fredrick Paul Eisele <phreed () netarx com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:30:33 -0500

Fyodor et al.

I have finally gotten around to writing that Draft XSchema for NMAP.
This is just a draft but it should be illustratative.
The schema has not been fully validated, although it is well-formed.
I am planning on using the Xerces-J parser to do validatation.
I did make a couple changes to the XML output format.
The only one I have strong feelings about is the xmloutputversion.
The version should be defined by the namespace, which is in turn
prescribed by the schema name. In other words given that different versions have different schemas;
the schema name is sufficient to differentiate the version.

Also, I am working on a stylesheet to convert the XML output into HTML.
If you have any ideas about types of HTML presentation I would welcome them.
(Not that I am committing to anything.)

Finally, I will be working on a set of network topology discovery tools
which will use nmap output as a starting point.
The first tool will be snmp based.