Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Enhancement Request

From: H D Moore <hdm () secureaustin com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:29:46 -0500

Nmap 2.54BETA1 already has this capability built in with the IP protocol
scanning option (-sO).  Does anyone know of a tool to query ESP/AHP
protocols (gather version info/software vendor info/etc)?

-HD

Kevin Johnston wrote:

I am heavily involved with Virtual Private Networks these days.  I have yet
to find a vulnerability assessment tool (unless I am totally blind) that
can scan for IP protocols other than TCP, UDP, ICMP.  I am particularly
interested in ESP & AHP (IP Protocols 50 & 51) which are used in most IPsec
implementations.
Are there any plans to add this functionality to a future release of
NMAP?  Is this feasible?