nanog mailing list archives

Re: puck not responding

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2024 12:38:13 -0500

On Sat, Mar 02, 2024 at 11:55:45AM +0100, Bjørn Mork wrote:
George Herbert <george.herbert () gmail com> writes:

If it wasn’t for how clunky they are with email sites, I’d suggest
moving to a cloud somewhere.  But …

I believe statistics point in favour of the single puck.nether.net
host....

BTW, for anyone else taking advantage of the excellent secondary service
provided by puck: You might want to update your AXFR ACLs.  It seems the
IPv6 address has changed.

I must admit that such transfer failures go unnoticed due to the large
volume of unwanted requests.  So I appreciate the extra effort sending
an email warning when a zone i disabled.

        Yes, I'm notifying people now and have updated the FAQ/docs
page.  I also said there that I would notify people if the geography of
the machine changed and it has.

        I still need to get my upstreams to notify all their upstreams
to permit packets as there's one provider that does uRPF in the mix, so
I have blocked their routes for now.

Thanks for running all these high quality services!

it's the sustained community efforts that have allowed technology to
improve to the point where auto-updates and many other things are
without trouble, sadly i had to do a bit of physical moving of things,
but the machine should now have a ~10g uplink and if I can find the
right 100g device that I'm happy with I'm in a better position to
update/upgrade it now compared to a week ago.

        - Jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared () puck nether net