nanog mailing list archives

Re: Open source Netflow analysis for monitoring AS-to-AS traffic

From: Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 08:09:13 +0200

On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 at 20:36, Peter Phaal <peter.phaal () gmail com> wrote:

The documentation for IOS-XR suggests that enabling extended-router in the sFlow configuration should export
"Autonomous system path to the destination", at least on the 8000 series routers:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/iosxr/cisco8000/netflow/command/reference/b-netflow-cr-cisco8k/m-sflow-commands.html
I couldn't find a similar option in the NetFlow/IPFIX configuration guide, but I might have missed it.

Hope this clarifies.

-------
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k-r7-9/configuration/guide/b-netflow-cg-asr9k-79x/configuring-netflow.html
Use the record ipv4 [peer-as] command to record peer AS. Here, you
collect and export the peer AS numbers.
Note
Ensure that the bgp attribute-download command is configured. Else, no
AS is collected when the record ipv4 or record ipv4 peer-as command is
configured.

--
  ++ytti