nanog mailing list archives

Re: RIP Dave Mills

From: Joe Hamelin <nethead () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 02:01:54 -0800

The one protocol that keeps us on our toes.

Godspeed, Dr. Dave.

On Sat, Jan 27, 2024 at 7:10 PM Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com> wrote:

The inventor of NTP, in the late 1970s, and recipient of the 2013 IEEE
Internet Award “for significant leadership and sustained contributions in
the research, development, standardization, and deployment of quality time
synchronization capabilities for the Internet”, Dr. David Lennox Mills died
in Delaware on January 17, at 85.

Rarely have I more wanted to say "perhaps we'll see him again later".

Cheerss,
-- jra
--

--