nanog mailing list archives

Re: Chile

From: Romain Fontugne via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 10:28:27 +0900

Hi,

I cannot confirm if this due to the fires but there's some usual changes in BGP for Chilean networks.

- One of the two 'telefonica movil de chile' (AS27680) temporarily lost global reachability around 19:00 UTC on feb 2nd:
https://ihr.iijlab.net/ihr/en-us/networks/AS27680?rov_tb=routes&af=4&last=3&date=2024-02-03

Later around 20:45 UTC:

- AS263816 (Chamber of Deputies?) and AS264839 lost global reachability for about 4h:
https://ihr.iijlab.net/ihr/en-us/networks/AS263816?rov_tb=routes&af=4&last=3&date=2024-02-03
https://ihr.iijlab.net/ihr/en-us/networks/AS264839?rov_tb=routes&af=4&last=3&date=2024-02-03

- The Catholic University of Valparaíso (AS16742) lost connectivity with one of its upstream (CTC) and switched entirely to AS3549:
https://ihr.iijlab.net/ihr/en-us/networks/AS16742?rov_tb=routes&hege_tb=dependency&af=4&last=3&date=2024-02-03

- AS22860 also lost an upstream:
https://ihr.iijlab.net/ihr/en-us/networks/AS22860?rov_tb=routes&hege_tb=dependency&af=4&last=3&date=2024-02-03

During that period of time Entel Chile (AS27986) is not as stable as it used to be:
https://ihr.iijlab.net/ihr/en-us/networks/AS27986?rov_tb=routes&af=4&last=3&date=2024-02-03

Some of these are also confirmed by IODA:
https://ioda.inetintel.cc.gatech.edu/asn/27680?from=1706833535&until=1707092735
https://ioda.inetintel.cc.gatech.edu/asn/264839?from=1706834461&until=1706920861
https://ioda.inetintel.cc.gatech.edu/asn/263816?from=1706834461&until=1706920861

Take this with a grain of salt, this is what we see with our (experimental) tools from Japan, I have no idea what exactly happened to these networks.

Romain Fontugne