nanog mailing list archives

Re: Whitebox Routers Beyond the Datasheet

From: Tom Beecher <beecher () beecher cc>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2024 09:14:31 -0400

Agreed.

I think as a practical matter, the large majority of operators probably
only care about time from last update / EoRIB -> FIBs forwarding working.
As long as that time delta is acceptable for their environment and
circumstances, that's 'good enough'. Definitely some edge cases and
circumstances that can factor in.

Those of us in the massive scale part of the world certainly have our own
unique problems with this stuff. :)