nanog mailing list archives

Attn Access ISPs - FCC BB Labels (machine-readable standards)

From: "Livingood, Jason via NANOG" <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 13:07:49 +0000

Yesterday the FCC broadband label order is in effect – so all ISPs need to publish them. Oct 10, 2024 is the deadline
to produce machine-readable BB labels. I have kicked off an effort via the BITAG to standardize the format of these
labels. See
https://github.com/jlivingood/Broadband-Labels<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/github.com/jlivingood/Broadband-Labels__;!!CQl3mcHX2A!Dr0B3gDP9NIfNf0MyABywx6mZEw9GrCnzVeDimiePxdqABmuY84OHArWfU2UHwv9qZaR-SfNsMqXj958DZPJU2viccx-Calb$>
 for some initial ideas.

If you’d like to participate – because you are an ISP publishing labels or an org/researcher that will be
importing/consuming/comparing labels – you may wish to participate. There’s no fee or docs to sign to do so, and your
participation does noy convey endorsement of the final work product. IF INTERESTED – email me off-list and I will
provide details.

Thanks!
Jason