nanog mailing list archives

Re: Arelion/Telia AS1299 issues?

From: Andrian Visnevschi via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 18:15:05 +0300

We had the same issue with Arelion this morning, a huge increase in the
latency and jitter was happening across the US and of course for any
traffic sourced from the EU flowing to the US.
Within the US we noticed a latency spike from 20-50ms to ~200ms. From the
EU to our US facilities, we noticed a spike from  ~130ms to ~400ms.

We ended up shifting traffic from Arelion to a different carrier, and will
stay there until we are confident that they fixed any issue that they had
in their network. To be honest, we've been experiencing quite similar
issues with unstable latency on Arelion over the past couple of months, and
it's becoming quite frustrating

*Andrian Visnevschi*

VP of Network & Security

+373 68374133

andrian () acreto io | https://acreto.io

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 6:03 PM David Hubbard <dhubbard () dino hostasaurus com>