nanog mailing list archives

Re: maximum ipv4 bgp prefix length of /24 ?

From: Willy Manga <mangawilly () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 05:53:43 +0400

.
On 11/10/2023 22:29, Delong.com wrote:
[...]
Yes, but in that scenario any advertisements between /32 and /36 from that prefix originated by AS65500 are *valid* . That's why
"ROAs should be as precise as possible, meaning they should match prefixes as announced in BGP" [1]

You completely ignored my statement of the need for appropriate AS-0 ROAs to block those.

I did not want to comment because you can go down that path *and* you will assume everyone doing ROV will consider AS0 ROAs as well.

IMHO the bare minimum is to cover your advertisements with a ROA as precise as possible.

--
Willy Manga
@ongolaboy