nanog mailing list archives

Re: Charter DNS servers returning invalid IP addresses

From: "Jason J. Gullickson via NANOG" <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 14:44:41 -0500

This is very interesting.

I did some poking-around and found other Squarespace customers with similar issues (in their case it was Google complaining that their sites were suspicious and therefore couldn't serve Google ads). The leading theory is that the "canned" Squarespace sites are using an old version of some library or other piece of code that some software identifies as malware or otherwise dubious.

If I can figure out exactly what these services are upset about maybe I can take that to Squarespace and get them to fix it, but I'm not sure how far I'll get with what I know so far.

- Jason